Sunday, February 15, 2009

Goin' Solo

So the training is over, I've had some days to relax, and now I FINALLY start my own trip today - yikes!

I meet my group (all 14 of them) this evening at 6pm for a welcome meeting at the hotel, then dinner nearby. I barely slept last night and woke up in the middle of the night with one of those gasping, panicky dreams. But I woke up early and I'm all prepped now with my booklets and handouts and budget confirmation and booking sheets. All of my "pax" are checked into the hotel and I have my snazzy GAP Adventures tee shirt on, all ready to greet them later on. I'm still nervous, but I'm really excited, and I feel organized and ready to go. I just hope they're nice people and easy going, most of all!

My friend and fellow trainee, Karis, who was on my training trip with me, started her trip last week and everything has gone really smoothly, so I'm sure my trip will be fine, too. Thankfully I think I have time for a little nap this afternoon before it all begins! We have a day here in Bangkok tomorrow before getting on the overnight train to Chiang Mai.

So wish me luck! I'll keep you posted along the way!

xx
Erin

1 comment:

  1. Good luck! I'm sure you'll be fine. I'd follow you, but I'm kind of a sheep.

    ReplyDelete